FilmBar having just celebrated its 2 Year Anniversary is proud to announce its new Late Night Programming Series. Beginning in March, weekend late nights will be the new home for 8 Events that range from interactive sing-alongs to a local filmmaker showcase. [pullquote]Tickets, show times & trailers can be found at thefilmbarphx.com. All shows are 21 and over. Beer and wine is served.[/pullquote]
- Arizona Filmmaker Showcase: A free contest where local Arizona filmmakers submit their short or feature to play on the big screen at FilmBar. Winners get to introduce their film, bring guests and sell their wares in the lounge. Films are judged and the event is hosted by AZ Filmmakers from The Dark of the Matinee website. Submission form and information here: http://tinyurl.com/azfilm
- Tokusatsu Theater: Damon Foster is Arizona’s foremost expert on Asian Cinema (having published the fan favorite magazine Oriental Cinema for 30 years). The monthly show (of martial arts, beer and giant monsters) focuses strictly on non-CGI, non-HD productions. Just old-school special effects and amusement from decades passed.
- The Room: An American independent romantic drama film starring Tommy Wiseau, who also wrote, directed, and produced the feature. The film has been dubbed “the Citizen Kane of bad movies” and one of the worst films ever made. The film quickly developed a cult following as fans found humor in the film’s bizarre storytelling and various technical and narrative flaws. Call-backs and plastic spoon-tossing is encouraged.
- The Dr. Diabolic Show: A Mad Scientist and his demented sidekick Nadia Neuroleptic host the best worst movies and experiment on the audience with interactive games and trivia. Expect schlock, fun and classic horror & sci-fi films with a twist. Presented by Bookmans Entertainment Exchange.
- R. Kelly’s Trapped in the Closet Sing-Along: In Trapped in the Closet, the classic hip hopera, R. Kelly takes on the role of Sylvester, who has a simple one-night stand with a preacher’s wife and then ends up in a web of preposterous lies and a series of outlandish plot twists. Patron’s sing-along with the subtitles on screen and can join in a pre-show dance party hosted by local electronic music artist Treasure MammaL.
- Midnite Movie Mamacita presents Ms. Behaving: The local maven of the midnite movie returns with a show focusing on lethal ladies and wicked women in Exploitation, Horror & Bizarre Cinema. From the lusty anti-heroines of Russ Meyer to bad girls in cages from Roger Corman, the show will highlight some of the most iconic female bad girls of the big screen.
- Horror Remix: Horror Remix takes forgotten horror classics and slices them down to a power-packed themed anthology. They dig through hours and hours of cinema boredom to find those magical moments that make obscure horror so amazing. Always FREE.
- The Unfathomable Film Freakout: The heaviest, the craziest, and the just plain weirdest offerings rock and roll cinema has to offer. From rock star superheroes battling cyborgs on roller coasters, to rock star superfans battling sobriety in heavy metal parking lots, the FINAL FRIDAY FILM FREAKOUT has something for you!