This past weekend, Magic: The Gathering players and fans from all over the world participated in Modern Masters Weekend.
Key Stats from Modern Masters Weekend include:
- More than 20,000 fans of the card game Magic: The Gathering participated in a global celebration of the game that spanned three continents.
- An estimated 5,000 fans played in Grand Prix Chiba, Japan; another 5,000 in Grand Prix Utrecht, Netherlands; and an estimated 11,000 played in Grand Prix Las Vegas.
- The weekend included many cosplayers, four weddings, and tournaments as large as 3,800 players.
- Over the course of the weekend more than 40,000 main event matches and thousands of side events were played, over 90 thousand packs of cards were opened, and countless spells were cast.
- Grand Prix Las Vegas had 596 judges on staff to run the largest event in Magic’s history. That’s so many judges that they had to stitch together multiple photos into panorama shots of the two staffs that ran the hundreds of side events.
- An estimated 1 million fans watched coverage of the events across English, Japanese, and Chinese language video streams, and the events generated more than 21,000 tweets.
Grand Prix Las Vegas:
Grand Prix Utrecht:
Grand Prix Chiba: