News of Knights of Badassdom has been circling around the interwebs for a while now. It was set for release then there were problems and it sat on the shelf for a while. Now it looks like people eager to see what the movie has to offer will finally get see what it has to offer. eOne entertainment has acquired the distribution rights to the movie and while no exact date has been set I imagine it will be sometime this year. Read the full press release below then check out the trailer.
· Entertainment One (eOne) has acquired the North American distribution rights to the feature film KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM. The film stars Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn and Summer Glau.
· The film will be distributed in the US day and date in theaters and via VOD.
· KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM is directed by Joe Lynch from a script by Kevin Dreyfuss and Matt Wall. The film was produced by IndieVest Pictures’ Mark Burton and Matt Wall, and by Kevin Dreyfuss. Daniel J. Heffner, Ketura Krestin, Rizwan Virk, Rich Cowan and Mike Elizalde executive produced.
· In KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM, live-action role players (LARPERs) mistakenly conjure up a demon from Hell and must deal with the consequences.
· Previous cast credits include: Peter Dinklage – “Game of Thrones,” X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST; Ryan Kwanten – “True Blood”; Steve Zahn – DIARY OF A WIMPY KID, A PERFECT GETAWAY; and Summer Glau- “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.”
· The deal for the film was negotiated on behalf of IndieVest Pictures by Wade Bradley and for eOne by Sejin Croninger, Vice President, Worldwide Acquisitions.
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is an international entertainment company that specializes in the acquisition, production and distribution of film and television content. The company’s comprehensive network extends around the globe including Canada, the US, the UK, Ireland, Spain, Benelux, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and South Korea. Through established Entertainment and Distribution divisions, the company provides extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production, family programming and merchandising and licensing. Its current rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 35,000 film and television titles, 2,800 hours of television programming and 45,000 music tracks.
Synopsis: Live-action role players conjure up a demon from Hell by mistake and they must deal with the consequences.