Hello Comic Book Fandom!
How was everyone’s Black Friday? I spent most of the day working but after work I got to shoot down to Samurai Comics for their Blackest Friday sale. Even got to pick up this bad boy:
Pretty excited I have this in my collection now. Anyways, it’s another glorious week of comic books and there are lots of great books coming out this week. Also, lots of big news/rumors came out this week like Bruce Wayne will NOT be Batman in the upcoming Justice League movie?? That makes no sense…..
However, let’s get to something that does make sense, here is a list of 10 comic books you definitely gotta check out this week….
- “Alex Ross returns to fully painted interiors! Starring The Shadow, The Green Hornet, Kato, Zorro, and The Spider, in a story that only Dynamite could tell! Before superheroes, there were Masks! They’ve always said it can’t happen here . . . but what if it did? It’s 1938, and the Justice Party has swept into office in New York State. But the newly elected officials are in the control of powerful criminals, who quickly corrupt the law to their own advantage. When a fascist police state is instituted, the only ones who stand in defense of the innocent are masked vigilantes like the Shadow, the Green Hornet, Kato, and the Spider. Also, look forward to future appearances of Black Bat, Miss Fury, Black Terror, Green Lama and more! When the law is unjust, justice must be an outlaw!“
- ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS! ALEX ROSS!
- “‘SCIENCE IS THE NEW ROCK ‘N’ ROLL.’ So said Dade Ellis, Simon Grimshaw, Emerson Strange and Thomas Walker at the dawn of a new age of enlightenment that ushered in a boom in scientific advancement. As the research supergroup World Corp., they became the most celebrated scientists of all time. They changed the world – and we loved them for it. But where did it all go wrong? And when progress is made at any and all cost, who ultimately pays the price?“
- Written by Image Publisher Eric Stephenson!
- You can’t go wrong with a number #1 coming out of Image these days.
- “We have seen the future and it will be fantastic! In the absence of the Fantastic Four, a substitute Four, hand-picked by the real deal–Ant-Man, Medusa, She-Hulk and Miss Thing–stand ready to guard the Earth and the nascent Future Foundation for four minutes… NOW! what could possibly go wrong?“
- Mike Allread is the only reason you need for picking this up!
- “Bridging the story from the Fall of Cybertron video game to the Prime TV show-the DINOBOTS hold the line as CYBERTRON falls! With OPTIMUS PRIME and the Ark long gone, the rest of the population makes their escape from the dying world-but SHOCKWAVE remains behind, continuing his experiments!“
- My favorite thing about the Transformers universe is definitely the Dinobots. I’m pretty pumped to check this out and you should be to.
- “In the aftermath of ‘THE OTHERS,’ who lives? Who dies? And what is the fate of the Atlantean relics? The debut of the OCEAN MASTER!“
- Prelude to Throne of Atlantis! Big crossover event between Justice League and Aquaman.
- Don’t miss this issue!
- “The new comic series continues, co-written by MacGyver creator Lee David Zlotoff! Trapped in Cairo and hunted by both Chinese Intelligence and an army of hitmen for a crime they didn’t commit, MacGyver and Kari race against the clock to find a traitor before their time runs out!“
- MacGyver rules. Period.
- “Throughout the ages, the gods of the Marvel Universe have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. NOW! the Mighty Thor follows a trail of blood that threatens to consume his past, present and future selves. The only hope for these ravaged worlds lies with the God of Thunder unraveling the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher!“
- I never was a big Thor fan, but all changed thanks to Jason Aaron.
- “The breakout medical horror hit from ROBERT KIRKMAN’s Skybound imprint is back on call! Even the world’s leading expert in supernatural disease needs to unwind sometimes. But when Dr. Morrow wakes up with no memory of what – and who! – he did last night, is it just a case of partying too hard… or something more malignant? (Hint: It’s the malignant one!) ‘Terrifying, hilarious, and above all else, smart.’ – The A.V. Club“
- If you haven’t read the first mini-series of Witch Doctor, rectify that immediately.
- “A relentless, demented foe finds the Turtles and he won’t rest until his deadly mission is fulfilled! A desperate fight for survival will take some unexpected turns before the night is over. Don’t miss it!“
- This book just keeps getting better, but with writer Kevin Eastman (co-creator of TMNT) behind the wheel, it’s no wonder this book is fantastic.
- “Welcome to Ponyville, home of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and all your other favorite Ponies! Something’s not right in the town though, as some of the inhabitants are acting very, very strange! It’s up to the Mane Six to find the source of the weirdness before it’s too late!“
- Yeah….I don’t know?
- ….somebody will appreciate this.
- “Return to the future world seen in BATMAN #666, where Damian has taken over the mantle of the Bat! The whole world has gone mad. The only sane people left are in Arkham Asylum – where Batman is the warden!“
- BATMAN #666 was seriously one of the best issues of Batman that came out in 2007. Now, Grant Morrsion and Chris Burnham are going back!
Chuckie writes about comic books and stuff for Geek News Network and Comic Book Therapy. He also likes the smell of coffee and rich mahogany in the morning. Follow Chuckie on Twitter, or lurk him on Facebook, which ever you prefer.