Hello Comic Book Fandom!
Lots of great things have happened this week. The mid-season finale of The Walking Dead was epic, New Star Trek Into Darkness poster was reveled, and this bad boy made it’s way into the net:
Don’t know about you, but June 14th couldn’t get here any sooner!
Anyway, here is our list of 10 comic books you should definitely check out this week….
- “The greatest heroes in comics together on one unbeatable team! Now shipping twice a month, the Avengers “go large,” expanding their roster and their sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary level. When Captain America puts out his call – who will answer? Big threats, big ideas, big idealism – these are the Avengers NOW!“
- Out of all the Marvel NOW! books, Avengers #1 is the one I am most excited for, and you should be too. Writer Jonathan Hickman is a master of his craft and artwork by Jerome Opena? YES PLEASE.
- If you loved Hickman’s Fantastic Four , you’ll love this.
- “This is the MUST READ issue that turns over all the cards and reveals secrets that have been set as far back as ENDS OF THE EARTH, SPIDER-ISLAND, and 99 issues ago in ASM #600!Doctor Octopus has hours left to live. He knows Peter Parker’s secret. He has no master plan-all he wants is vengeance. Which members of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery will heed Ock’s call to arms? Special appearances by the Lizard, the Spider-Slayer, Morbius the Living Vampire, and some surprising Spidey Foes!“
- After the events of issue #698, I can’t even begin to…. Last issue left me a bit speechless but knowing Dan Slott, he will deliver here.
- You can also never go wrong with a Paola Rivera cover.
- “Dell’otto drawing Devil Dinosaur? Done!“
- If you’re looking to get a Peter Parker fix (like I am), then this book is for you.
- “After saving the world in The Storm and The Fury, but sacrificing himself and Great Britain, Hellboy is dead, cast into Hell, where he finds many familiar faces, and a throne that awaits him.Mike Mignola returns to draw Hellboy’s ongoing story for the first time since Conqueror Worm. It’s a story only Mignola could tell, as more of Hellboy’s secrets are at last revealed, in the most bizarre depiction of Hell you’ve ever seen. Mike Mignola writes and draws the next phase of Hellboy’s story. Dark Horse horror gets under your skin!Death was only the beginning!“
- Mike Mignola writing and drawing? Sign me up.
- “Luther Strode lives. Five years after losing everything, Luther has become more than a nightmare for the evil men in his city…he has become a legend. But somebody is hunting the bogeyman, and he has dangerous allies that Luther will never expect. Luther Strode lives; but for how long? The sequel to 2011’s breakout hit begins here!“
- You guys probably know by now that I am huge Justin Jordan fan. I have been waiting for this book to come out for quite sometime now, and couldn’t be happier that it’s now here.
- New reader friendly!
- “Kings take Castle. Now its his move! It takes more than bullets to take out the Avengers’ biggest guns.“
- Punisher vs. Avengers > Avengers vs. X-Men
- “First issue in a special two-part story featuring the art of Philip Bond! The stress from their past few adventures have the Doctor and Rory at each other’s throats, and Amy has had just about enough. So she sends them on a boys night out, must to their chagrin, but with a TARDIS at their disposal“
- Brandon Seifert is a writing machine these days. He is currently writing Witch Doctor, Hellraiser, and is now gonna jump into a Doctor Who book. With all that said, count me in!
- Side note: Doctor Who Christmas Special 2012 couldn’t get here any sooner.
- “Deadpool vs. Dead Presidents. This time, TRICKY DICK NIXON! Can even Doctor Strange help the M w/the M? This is the Deadpool series you will marry someday.“
- This. Book. Is. Amazing.
- Tony Moore was made to draw Deadpool, but we can only hope he stays on the book for more than five issues.
- “Red Hulk, Venom, Elektra, Deadpool, the Punisher. Forget the courts, the jails, the system – this team of Thunderbolts fights fire with fire, targeting the most dangerous and lethal players in the Marvel Universe with extreme prejudice. Led by General ‘Thunderbolt’ Ross, AKA the Red Hulk, this hand-picked team of like-minded operatives is going to make the world a better place by all means necessary.“
- Love the team, love the writer, but not a big fan of Steve Dillion. At all. But I will definitely give this a shot.
- “It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.”
- This is definitely worth checking out this week. This is the end to an amazing trilogy and I am pretty bummed it’s all over.
Chuckie blogs about comic books and stuff for Geek News Network and Comic Book Therapy. He also likes the smell of coffee and rich mahogany in the morning. Follow Chuckie on Twitter, or lurk him on Facebook, which ever you prefer.
Lover of Comic books, film, television, fresca and video games. Check out my blog dweebofthedead.tumblr.com to see what kind of shenanigans I got going on, or check out my twitter for up to date ramblings @dweebofthedead.