Here’s an easy project using your kids’ favorite Halloween story. Collect the following materials:
- a fold out shoebox
- some tape or glue
- scrap paper/magazines/newspapers
- and a dash of creativity.
First, gather your materials (listed above). You’ll also need scissors (a little glitter wouldn’t hurt either).
- Decorate the interior and exterior of your box with scrapbook paper, magazines, newspaper, or even a paper bag.
- Make a long slit (straight or zig zag) on the top side of the box.
- Draw major characters and tape/glue onto pencils.
- Use battery-powered candles for mood lighting at the front of the fold out ‘stage’.
Invite family and friends over and have your kids perform their favorite story by moving/spinning the pencils.
When the show is over, put all your pencils and the book, back in the box until next season!